- Why don't schools teach us to form our... latest post by Inkingi | 35 responses
- What is the most meaningful sentence y... latest post by MicrowaveMetal | 125 responses
- Do you still believe in the things you... latest post by scathey1 | 12 responses
- Is organized religion the root of all ... latest post by ukdirector | 217 responses
- Will human beings really ever understa... latest post by ukdirector | 59 responses
God as "He"
Aw, come on...you know the answer to this one. I know the Bible says that man is created in the image of God, but it's actually the other way around. It's man's futile attempt to describe God in human terms, an imposibility. And that the description of God as a He is merely the reflection of a patriarchal society. My thought is that the more man tries to describe God (multiple words possible here including Supreme Being, Entity, Energy, Creator), in human language, the further he gets from experiencing something spirtual. The rules, some which even become laws, woman shall submit to her husband as the law, eating fish on Friday, believeing in theTrinity and virgin birth,and much more, are meant to govern, control, influence for....? Ignorance and superstition helps with this, and yet I reserve a place myself for the mysterious and unknowable. I don't know all, couldn't possibly fathom the infinity of this existence. I believe in the Golden Rule, respect and thanks for this life and the beauty of all Nature.