- Why don't schools teach us to form our... latest post by Inkingi | 35 responses
- What is the most meaningful sentence y... latest post by MicrowaveMetal | 125 responses
- Do you still believe in the things you... latest post by scathey1 | 12 responses
- Is organized religion the root of all ... latest post by ukdirector | 217 responses
- Will human beings really ever understa... latest post by ukdirector | 59 responses
The Golden Rule
Respect is the number one policy.
The platform is an open forum. If you discover a Question, Response or Answer, that you think
is inappropriate or offensive, you may report it to the
Simply click on the "Report This!" icon and state your reasoning for reporting the post. Moderators will review the selected post and determine the course of action.
What behavior does dropping knowledge not support?
Personal attacks are not allowed
Legal threats are off-limits
No offensive usernames
And please avoid profanity
Last word on spam
The platform is free and open. Any attempts to manipulate dialog with spam will not be
tolerated. If an organization or collected group of people enters the same Question,
Response or Answer repeatedly, then it is considered spam and will be removed.
Thank you for respecting the
How to use the platform
To start, you will need to either perform a search or access active discussions through the welcome page or through the My Account page (you need to register or log in to access the My Account page).
For searching, you have 2 options:
- simple search: simply enter a word, a question, or a sentence... and press search
- advanced search: this tool allows you to enter a search term, and to search within one or several specific themes. With advanced search, you can also search by date and by format. Simply use the + and - buttons to add or remove search criteria.
If you would prefer to browse our themes, rather than searching our database, you can select the visual browser. This tool allows you to navigate through several layers of our ontology and to perform several actions (learn more, search, NGO's, ask a new question, link to Wikipedia) on the themes that interest you.
Select a search result that matches your interest, and enter the dialog that has already formed around this post. Or be the first one to start the dialog by adding a question, answer or comment to this post.
A question can lead to another question, an answer or simply a comment. An answer can generate questions and comments. Finally, a comment can only lead to another comment.
At any time during your dialog, you may wish to start a new 'thread', around a new theme. In this case, you can chose to access 'Ask a Question' in the tab at the top of the page or by clicking on the menus in the 'Related Themes' section.
Only two levels of dialog are shown on each page. To access deeper posts, use the 'view responses' tool shown on selected posts. To go back to the first two levels, click on 'see parent post'.
If you need further assistance or have any suggestions on how we can improve the platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for using the