- Why don't schools teach us to form our... latest post by Inkingi | 35 responses
- What is the most meaningful sentence y... latest post by MicrowaveMetal | 125 responses
- Do you still believe in the things you... latest post by scathey1 | 12 responses
- Is organized religion the root of all ... latest post by ukdirector | 217 responses
- Will human beings really ever understa... latest post by ukdirector | 59 responses
Profile of pjmccann3
nobody to answer to
Because when we believe in an invisible supernatural deity, we no longer have anyone to answer to for our actions. No law is higher than "god's law". No person can judge me better than "god" can. This allows us to commit great atrocities like flying jets into buildings...or invading sovereign nations and killing innocents...because they do not believe what I do. Since I only answer to "god" and I am doing "god's" work, then what I do is not wrong. In fact what I do helps mankind by eliminating the non-believers.
Of course there is more than one god....
Of course there is more than one god. Haven't you read Genesis? Gen 1:26 And God said, Let US make man in OURimage, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Gen 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Sounds to me like there is a male and female god.
Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Great Pumpkin, Zeus, God, Angels....same thing. Stories to drive the behaviors of the children.