- Why don't schools teach us to form our... latest post by Thai sean | 40 responses
- What is the most meaningful sentence y... latest post by cmarkland | 127 responses
- Is organized religion the root of all ... latest post by cmarkland | 219 responses
- Will human beings really ever understa... latest post by appa | 60 responses
- Why isn't there a true right or wrong?... latest post by Thai sean | 4 responses
Profile of Neela Marikkar
Neela Marikkar is Chairperson of the leading Communications Group in Sri Lanka in partnership with Mccann Worldgroup, USA. Marikkar has served as Chairperson of several key industry organizations. Currently she is the Chairperson of the Committee on Communication and Social Mobilization of the National Advisory Council for Peace and Reconciliation. Marikkar is the Chairperson of Sri Lanka First a business initiative for peace that strongly advocates a negotiated settlement to end Sri Lankas ethnic conflict by recognizing the legitimate grievances and aspirations of all communities.
Soon after the Cessation of hostilities she was brought on board as a consultant to UNDPs Invest-in-peace Program to help revive the countrys war affected economy. More recently she led a group of Sri Lankan Business leaders to South Africa to study the role business played in their peace process and post conflict reconstruction.
Marikkar is a member of Women Waging Peace Network and at their Colloquium was invited to be a speaker on the role of women in peace building at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University