- Why don't schools teach us to form our... latest post by Thai sean | 40 responses
- What is the most meaningful sentence y... latest post by cmarkland | 127 responses
- Is organized religion the root of all ... latest post by cmarkland | 219 responses
- Will human beings really ever understa... latest post by appa | 60 responses
- Is happiness an human illusion? And do... latest post by Thai sean | 6 responses
Profile of Oliviero Toscani
Oliviero Toscani, is internationally known as the creative force behind some of the world's most successful magazines and brands, including corporate images and advertising campaigns through the years, for Benetton, Esprit, Valentino, Chanel, Fiorucci, and many more.
From 1982 to 2000, he built United Colors of Benetton into one of the world's most recognized brand, giving the company its corporate image, identity and communication strategy. In 1990 he conceived, created and directed Colors, the world's first global magazine, making of it a cult magazine, which set a trend for alot of new editorial and communications projects. in 1993, he invented, founded, and directed Fabrica, the international center for research in the arts of modern communication, Toscani commissioned to the japanese architect Tadao Ando to design it; Fabrica produced editorial projects, books, television programs and exhibitions for the United Nations, UNHCR, La Repubblica, ARTE, MTV, RAI, and movies which have won 3 jury prices at Cannes and Venice film festivals. Toscani's work has been exhibited at the Biennale of Venice, San Paolo, Triennale of Milan, Lausanne, Mexico City, Helsinky, Rome and many more.
Toscani has been teaching at two Universities, and has written several books on communication. From 1999 to the end of 2000 Toscani has been the creative director at Talk Miramax in New York. He lives in Tuscany, producing olive oil and breeding horses.
Photograph, Courtesy of Orazio Trullio