- Why don't schools teach us to form our... latest post by Inkingi | 35 responses
- What is the most meaningful sentence y... latest post by MicrowaveMetal | 125 responses
- Do you still believe in the things you... latest post by scathey1 | 12 responses
- Is organized religion the root of all ... latest post by ukdirector | 217 responses
- Will human beings really ever understa... latest post by ukdirector | 59 responses
Profile of Mark Benecke
Mark Benecke born in 1970, is a forensic biologist. After receiveing his Ph.D. at Cologne University, he switched to the Chief Medical Examiner's Office in Manhattan (1997-1999). Now, Benecke works internationally on forensic cases as a freelance certified & sworn in expert. Benecke worked on the identification of Adolf and Eva Hitler's skull and teeth in Moscow (with the FSB Russia) and on the explanation of alleged signs of vampirism.
Benecke is a teacher at police academies (incl. training for the FBI) and visiting professor at universities in Germany, England, Vietnam, Colombia, and the Philippines. Benecke published several popular science books about the biology of aging, criminal cases and forensic biology. He is a member of the editorial board of the Annals of Improbable Research (Cambridge, USA), guest editor for Forensic Science International (Forensic Entomology Special Issue), and scientific advisor to the German skeptic organization GWUP. Some of his forensic cases were covered by National Geographic Channel.