- Why don't schools teach us to form our... latest post by gingerichkr | 36 responses
- What is the most meaningful sentence y... latest post by MicrowaveMetal | 125 responses
- Is organized religion the root of all ... latest post by ukdirector | 217 responses
- Will human beings really ever understa... latest post by appa | 60 responses
- Do you still believe in the things you... latest post by scathey1 | 12 responses
Profile of Dedi Baron
Dedi Baron was born in Tel Aviv in 1954. In the beginning of the 70' she moved to Switzerland for 8 years where she studied plastic arts.
Baron came back to Israel in the beginning of the 80's and studied in Tel Aviv University where she graduated succesfully with distinction.
After finishing her studies Baron had started her own independent Theatre, focusing on directing only original plays, Baron had been described - the new Israeli promise of Theatre.
In the beginning of the 90' Baron received a scholarship from the British Embassy to study at the "Royal Court", Baron had also received sholarship from "Geta Institute" that been used on different Theatre courses in Germany.
At the end of the 90´s, after establishing her reputation as a unique director and spacial,independant teacher, she began directing at the national Theatre "Habima".
Baron received an award for the best Director on the Play "Shavua" (Week) and been invited for "Pikolo" -Milan Theatre Festival.
Since then she combines work in all repertoire theatres in Israel, teaching at Tel Aviv University and advicing creatively fringe theatres, political theatre and been highly ivvolved in the informal theatre industry.
In the beginning of 2006 she had been invited by the german theatre ""Kil" to direct a contemporary version of "Romeo and Juliet" with the goal of exploring the turkish german relationship
Dedi Baron insists to choose her work where she feels she can explore and combine her unlimited plurelistic way of life to her teaching method that emphasises an individual growth and personal artistic development.