- Why don't schools teach us to form our... latest post by Inkingi | 35 responses
- What is the most meaningful sentence y... latest post by MicrowaveMetal | 125 responses
- Do you still believe in the things you... latest post by scathey1 | 12 responses
- Is organized religion the root of all ... latest post by ukdirector | 217 responses
- Will human beings really ever understa... latest post by ukdirector | 59 responses
Profile of Irina Yasina
Irina Yasina, born in 1964 in Moscow, graduated from Moscow State University in 1986 and received a PhD in Economics in 1990. Though an economist by training, she considers journalism her calling. From 1990 till 2000, Yasina worked as a reporter for the news agency Interfax; a financial editor for The Moscow News; a financial columnist for The Moscow Times and Itogi weekly news magazine and as a columnist for radio station Echo of Moscow. Yasina was the head of the public affairs department for the Central Bank of Russian Federation (1998).
During the last five years Yasina has been working as a Board Member and Project Director for charitable and educational programs for the Interregional Non-governmental Organization Open Russia. Yasina was involved in the project for regional journalists.
Yasina is the daughter of former Economics Minister Yevgeny Yasin, one of Russia´s foremost economists. She lives with her daughter in Moscow.