- Why don't schools teach us to form our... latest post by gingerichkr | 36 responses
- What is the most meaningful sentence y... latest post by MicrowaveMetal | 125 responses
- Is organized religion the root of all ... latest post by ukdirector | 217 responses
- Will human beings really ever understa... latest post by appa | 60 responses
- Do you still believe in the things you... latest post by scathey1 | 12 responses
Profile of Antoschka - Ekaterina Moshaeva
Ekaterina Moshaeva better known as Antoschka was trained by the Moscow State Circus and studied at the Moscow Art Theatre School where she gained her Diploma in Directing. Antoschka is one of the few women clowns of international standing, and she certainly deserves the title "Queen of the Clowns" given to her by audiences and the press. Until 1990, she was the member of the Russian Association of Artists. Antoschka was on tour 300 days a year and was a star clown in over 3.000 performances at the Moscow State Circus in 35 countries in Europe, Asia and Central America.
Antoschka had her own Show at Holiday on Ice and is on Tour with the most famous Circuses in Europe and is a college lecturer at the Clownschool in Mainz, Germany.
In 1991 she won the 1st Prize of the International Clown Festival in Moscow and received the Tele-Gato (the Italian Grammy) in Milan for the Best Show of the Year.
Alongside her work as an artist, she has become increasingly involved in international and social projects. In 2001, she was chosen as the Mus-e Ambassador of the Yehudi Menuhin Stiftung Deutschland a European-wide school project; in mid 2004 she was co-founder of the World Wisdom Council of the Club of Budapest International. In 2006, she launched her own worldwide project the World Parliament of the Clowns. Since 1990 she has been living in Germany.