- Why don't schools teach us to form our... latest post by gingerichkr | 36 responses
- What is the most meaningful sentence y... latest post by MicrowaveMetal | 125 responses
- Is organized religion the root of all ... latest post by ukdirector | 217 responses
- Will human beings really ever understa... latest post by appa | 60 responses
- Do you still believe in the things you... latest post by scathey1 | 12 responses
Profile of Mahsa Shekarloo
Mahsa Shekarloo's activities relate to gender and women's issues in contemporary Iran. Shekarloo has written and translated numerous articles, co-founded and edited the website Badjens and co-translated two of Shirin Ebadi's books. Shekarloo is also a founding member of the Women's Cultural Center, an NGO based in Tehran, which advocates and sometimes agitates for the expansion of women's rights and collective social participation. Her latest professional foray is as a development practitioner, where when she's not helping others help Iranian women, she's secretly sowing post-colonial feminist thought among her unknowing colleagues.